Solitude dsk is prodicing error. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Solitude dsk is prodicing error. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi: We just installed the Open File Option remote agent on a NetWare41/Groupwise55 server. Now every time the server is rebooted, the following error comes up. Loading module SOLITUDE.DSK [copyright and version lines] Loading module SCSIHD.CDM [copyright and version lines] ...

  1. Solitude dsk is prodicing error.

    Hi:

    We just installed the Open File Option remote agent on a
    NetWare41/Groupwise55 server. Now every time the server is rebooted,
    the following error comes up.

    [copyright and version lines]
    [copyright and version lines]
    SOLITUDE is calling ScanForNewDevices BEFORE adding the card handle
    [60-second pause happens here]
    SOLITUDE gave up waiting for ScanForNewDevices to finish
    Debug symbol information for SCSIHD.CDM loaded
    Netware elevator filter
    Netware sector conversion filter
    Netware verify filter
    Netware miscellaneous attributes filter
    Netware elevator filter
    Netware sector conversion filter
    Netware verify filter
    Netware miscellaneous attributes filter
    Novell ATAPI CD-ROM/DVD-ROM custom devices module
    Netware elevator filter
    Netware sector conversion filter
    Netware miscellaneous attributes filter

    All mirrored devices on this system are synchronized

    Solitude - Added disk device Filter for #01[V321-A1-D0:0:]D
    There is an inactive device associated with the mirrored partition on
    the volume currently being mounted. You should make sure that the
    device driver is loaded and the power and cabling of the inactive
    devices are ok before proceeding.

    Do you want to continue loading volume SYS? (y/n) n
    According to the Veritas tech note, we should remove the Solitude.dsk
    from the startup.ncf and put it in the autoexec.ncf on the C drive.
    However, the ncf is not loading Solitude.dsk. However, it is calling
    for the Snapshot. Should I try and remove it form startup and place it
    in the autoexec instead?

    By the way, the backup server is not seeing the Netware server that
    the remote NLM agent is loaded.

    Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank a million.

  2. Re: Solitude dsk is prodicing error.

    I had this same problem... Creating an Autoexec.ncf on the C drive as
    Veritas suggested fixed the problem. It looks like this:

    file server name xxxxxxx
    scan for new devices
    load c:\snapshot\solitude.dsk
    mount sys
    autoexec.ncf

    This allowed SYS to mount but then I received the following error: "The
    mirror copies of the FAT don't match"

    This was fixed with VREPAIR.

    Hope that helps,
    Brian

    --------------------------------------
    > According to the Veritas tech note, we should remove the Solitude.dsk
    > from the startup.ncf and put it in the autoexec.ncf on the C drive.
    > However, the ncf is not loading Solitude.dsk. However, it is calling
    > for the Snapshot. Should I try and remove it form startup and place it
    > in the autoexec instead?
    >
    > By the way, the backup server is not seeing the Netware server that
    > the remote NLM agent is loaded.
    >
    > Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank a million.

  3. Re: Solitude dsk is prodicing error.

    Thank you for the confirmation. I did the same and currently waiting
    for the admin to try it.

+ Reply to Thread