Have SBS 5.1 w/ Veritas' BE 8.5 single server on 1400SC
Dell (Python DDS4 tape)...
Upon completion of install, rec'd a "partition error" that
I found "might" be fixed with a 'timing' of the load
statements in STARTUP.NCF (Veritas KB article indicated
this solution)...
I tried that, producing this STARTUP.NCF (oh, BTW, the
SBS was patched to SP2a "before" installing BE 8.5 SServ)
#LOAD MPS14.PSM
LOAD IDECD.CDM
#LOAD NWTAPE.CDM
LOAD NWASPI.CDM
LOAD SCSIHD.CDM
LOAD IDEATA.HAM PORT=1F0 INT=E
LOAD PEDGE.HAM SLOT=6
#LOAD ADPT160M.HAM SLOT=10008
LOAD ADPT160M.HAM SLOT=10009
#LOAD PEDGE.HAM SLOT=6

It was not until I # out the NWTAPE.CDM that I got
away with the Backups and restores for testing. (??)
And I also # out the Channel A: on the Adaptec
embedded SCSI controller (Dell's 7899 controller)
and changed the speed to 20 (vs 160 oh yeah!)...
disabled sync negotion and autodisconnect...

DOES this sound/look/appear correct? Thanks.
--
Rich 'Doc' Colley

mailtoc-doc@mediaone.net