Unrecoverable error on <device name> - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unrecoverable error on <device name> - Veritas Backup Exec ; BackupExec 7.5 (rev 2.017) for Netware. All PCs back up except for new Windows 98 (2nd Ed.) PC. When attempting backup, we get "unrecoverable device error on device : connection to device has been lost". Changed Watchdog settings. No luck. ...

  1. Unrecoverable error on <device name>

    BackupExec 7.5 (rev 2.017) for Netware. All PCs back up except for new Windows
    98 (2nd Ed.) PC. When attempting backup, we get "unrecoverable device error
    on device : connection to device has been lost".

    Changed Watchdog settings. No luck. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Marie

  2. Re: Unrecoverable error on <device name>

    for some reason, the publisher was been disabled.
    Marie Walker wrote in message

    > BackupExec 7.5 (rev 2.017) for Netware. All PCs back up except for new

    Windows
    > 98 (2nd Ed.) PC. When attempting backup, we get "unrecoverable device

    error
    > on device : connection to device has been lost".
    >
    > Changed Watchdog settings. No luck. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marie

+ Reply to Thread