Windows 2000 Pro lost connection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Windows 2000 Pro lost connection - Veritas Backup Exec ; Netware 3.2 IPX/SPX, BENW 7.5 Build M123, Windows 2000 Pro Workstation using Win NT agent 5.003. I am able to backup files successfully for days on many Win 2000 workstations but on one workstation the connection will get lost. Backup ...

  1. Windows 2000 Pro lost connection

    Netware 3.2 IPX/SPX, BENW 7.5 Build M123, Windows 2000 Pro Workstation using
    Win NT agent 5.003. I am able to backup files successfully for days on many
    Win 2000 workstations but on one workstation the connection will get lost.
    Backup source list in the windows client on a Win98 machine doesn't list
    this lost workstation. So I go to the Win 2000 workstation and run the win
    agent publisher, status says idle, I select disable, status changes to not
    connected, then I select enable and status changes to idle. I then can see
    the win2000 workstation on the backup source list and the workstation gets
    backed up for a few nights. Then its lost again and I do this process agian.
    Other win2000 workstations never have had this and they are all running
    the same programs, or should be. Has anyone had this same type of problem
    with a WinNT or Win98 and figured out what was causing the connection to
    be lost?

  2. Re: Windows 2000 Pro lost connection

    I had the similar problem, but I was trying to do a restore to a Win2000
    machine. It'd be restoring then all of the sudden, it would come to a halt
    and the publisher would get disabled. I've been trying to find out why for
    weeks.
    "Gary Whitehall" wrote in message

    > Netware 3.2 IPX/SPX, BENW 7.5 Build M123, Windows 2000 Pro Workstation

    using
    > Win NT agent 5.003. I am able to backup files successfully for days on

    many
    > Win 2000 workstations but on one workstation the connection will get lost.
    > Backup source list in the windows client on a Win98 machine doesn't list
    > this lost workstation. So I go to the Win 2000 workstation and run the

    win
    > agent publisher, status says idle, I select disable, status changes to not
    > connected, then I select enable and status changes to idle. I then can

    see
    > the win2000 workstation on the backup source list and the workstation gets
    > backed up for a few nights. Then its lost again and I do this process

    agian.
    > Other win2000 workstations never have had this and they are all running
    > the same programs, or should be. Has anyone had this same type of problem
    > with a WinNT or Win98 and figured out what was causing the connection to
    > be lost?

+ Reply to Thread