Multi Tape drive not using additional tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Multi Tape drive not using additional tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Setup. Compaq Server, BE 8.5, Novell 5 sp4, AHA 29160 scsi (HAM drv, Overland Loader Xpress (DLT 7000 Autoloader 10 tape capacity) The problem is every now an then it will not use anything after the first tape in backup. ...

  1. Multi Tape drive not using additional tapes

    Setup. Compaq Server, BE 8.5, Novell 5 sp4, AHA 29160 scsi (HAM drv, Overland
    Loader Xpress (DLT 7000 Autoloader 10 tape capacity)

    The problem is every now an then it will not use anything after the first
    tape in backup. It will say end of media with other blank tapes in there
    and waiting. I did a full format of these tapes before using them to verify
    that they where good tapes.

    Anyone else have this problem?

  2. Re: Multi Tape drive not using additional tapes

    Take a look at the thread 09/03/01 - I have the same problem occasionally
    and the proposed solution is to close and restart the manager after any
    unsuccessful operation.

    Steve

    "BrianClark" wrote in message

    > Setup. Compaq Server, BE 8.5, Novell 5 sp4, AHA 29160 scsi (HAM drv,

    Overland
    > Loader Xpress (DLT 7000 Autoloader 10 tape capacity)
    >
    > The problem is every now an then it will not use anything after the first
    > tape in backup. It will say end of media with other blank tapes in there
    > and waiting. I did a full format of these tapes before using them to

    verify
    > that they where good tapes.
    >
    > Anyone else have this problem?

+ Reply to Thread