Server Abended during quick check in Backup Exec. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Server Abended during quick check in Backup Exec. - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have 13 servers with multiple abends during a backup job. The job was hung during the quick check. I couldn't abort the jobs or do a Ctrl+X to exit Manager. The only way to get out of it was ...

  1. Server Abended during quick check in Backup Exec.

    We have 13 servers with multiple abends during a backup job. The job was
    hung during the quick check. I couldn't abort the jobs or do a Ctrl+X to
    exit Manager. The only way to get out of it was to reboot the server.
    We are running Novell NetWare 5.1 with Support Pack 2a. Veritas Backup Exec
    8.5.3...
    Thank you.

  2. Re: Server Abended during quick check in Backup Exec.

    I am experiencing a similar problem. Here is what I am currently performing:
    1. Create a new (small) job and test. (Test OK) 2. Recreate new mirrored
    job and test. (Test Failed) 3. Unload and reload NLM’s. (Test failed) 4.
    Switch target partitions. (Test Failed) 5. Install current patch (rev 194.1).
    (Installed 6.27.2002. Test in progress) 6. Cold boot AIT library and Server.
    Not tested.

    "An Nguyen" wrote:

    >We have 13 servers with multiple abends during a backup job. The job was
    >hung during the quick check. I couldn't abort the jobs or do a Ctrl+X to
    >exit Manager. The only way to get out of it was to reboot the server.
    >We are running Novell NetWare 5.1 with Support Pack 2a. Veritas Backup

    Exec
    >8.5.3...
    >Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread