win2000 BE Client - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on win2000 BE Client - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running BENW 8.5 and trying to use the BE Client on a Win2000 machine, although I can view the directory structure fine on a win98 system, none of the agent's are visible in a win2000 system? Is Win2000 ...

  1. win2000 BE Client

    I am running BENW 8.5 and trying to use the BE Client on a Win2000 machine,
    although I can view the directory structure fine on a win98 system, none of
    the agent's are visible in a win2000 system? Is Win2000 compatible with the
    BENW client?

    Thanks Rob

  2. Re: win2000 BE Client

    "Rob Peters" wrote in message news:3ac3558b$1@hronntp01....
    > I am running BENW 8.5 and trying to use the BE Client on a Win2000

    machine,
    > although I can view the directory structure fine on a win98 system, none

    of
    > the agent's are visible in a win2000 system? Is Win2000 compatible with

    the
    > BENW client?

    I am using the client fine on my Win2k workstation.

  3. Re: win2000 BE Client

    I'm having problems with it when I use TCP/IP. IPX/SPX works fine.. Anyone
    else having this problem?

    > > I am running BENW 8.5 and trying to use the BE Client on a Win2000

    > machine,
    > > although I can view the directory structure fine on a win98 system, none

    > of
    > > the agent's are visible in a win2000 system? Is Win2000 compatible with

    > the
    > > BENW client?

    > I am using the client fine on my Win2k workstation.

  4. Re: win2000 BE Client

    Craig wrote:

    > "Rob Peters" wrote in message news:3ac3558b$1@hronntp01....
    > > I am running BENW 8.5 and trying to use the BE Client on a Win2000

    > machine,
    > > although I can view the directory structure fine on a win98 system, none

    > of
    > > the agent's are visible in a win2000 system? Is Win2000 compatible with

    > the
    > > BENW client?

    > I am using the client fine on my Win2k workstation.

    Craig,

    Which file did you download and install?

    --
    Bruce K
    (Please post reply to newsgroup and

  5. Re: win2000 BE Client

    Rob, are you using the single server edition ??

    If so, then this version doesn't support W2K. You will need to upgrade to
    the multi-server.

    As a workaround, you could try mapping drives on a W9x machine to the Y2K
    machines and then publishing these via the client on the W9x machine. Long
    winded, but it gets the job done.

    "Rob Peters" wrote in message news:3ac3558b$1@hronntp01....
    > I am running BENW 8.5 and trying to use the BE Client on a Win2000

    machine,
    > although I can view the directory structure fine on a win98 system, none

    of
    > the agent's are visible in a win2000 system? Is Win2000 compatible with

    the
    > BENW client?
    >
    > Thanks Rob

+ Reply to Thread