BENT 8.5 and Netware server 4.11 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 8.5 and Netware server 4.11 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have backup exec 8.5 on a windows 2000 server. I can succesfully backup two other W2k servers. It is the novell server I am having problems with. If I go through the backup selections and browse down to stuff ...

  1. BENT 8.5 and Netware server 4.11

    I have backup exec 8.5 on a windows 2000 server. I can succesfully backup
    two other W2k servers. It is the novell server I am having problems with.
    If I go through the backup selections and browse down to stuff on the
    netware server that I want to back up, I can see both the SYS volume and our
    DATA volume. When I expand the MAIL volume we have all I get is a bunch of
    empy folders. I expand one of those and I get more empty folders, this will
    go on and on. So what is going wrong here? Why can I view some of the
    netware server and not other parts of it? Any suggestions on this and how
    to properly set up Backupexec to remotely backup a netware server would be
    appreciated. Hopefully I have explained this well enough.

    Thanks,
    Bill

  2. Re: BENT 8.5 and Netware server 4.11

    Couple of thoughts. This may sound silly but check your windows system to
    make sure you have it set to view all files and not hide some.

    also what type of email are you using?

    "Bill" wrote:
    >I have backup exec 8.5 on a windows 2000 server. I can succesfully backup
    >two other W2k servers. It is the novell server I am having problems with.
    >If I go through the backup selections and browse down to stuff on the
    >netware server that I want to back up, I can see both the SYS volume and

    our
    >DATA volume. When I expand the MAIL volume we have all I get is a bunch

    of
    >empy folders. I expand one of those and I get more empty folders, this

    will
    >go on and on. So what is going wrong here? Why can I view some of the
    >netware server and not other parts of it? Any suggestions on this and

    how
    >to properly set up Backupexec to remotely backup a netware server would

    be
    >appreciated. Hopefully I have explained this well enough.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bill

+ Reply to Thread