Viewing Netware Backup Exec server from NT Workstation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Viewing Netware Backup Exec server from NT Workstation - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to manage/view a netware backup server from my nt workstation. we are using 8.5 on our netware server and 7.3 on our NT server...using execview 2.3 the NT server pops right up, but the netware server does ...

  1. Viewing Netware Backup Exec server from NT Workstation

    I am trying to manage/view a netware backup server from my nt workstation.
    we are using 8.5 on our netware server and 7.3 on our NT server...using
    execview 2.3 the NT server pops right up, but the netware server does not...i've
    been told to look for a program on the disk called bewin.exe but i'm not
    seeing it on any of the cds. I'm not very well versed in Netware so if you
    have any ideas, please dumb it down for me. Any suggestions?

    thanks

  2. Re: Viewing Netware Backup Exec server from NT Workstation

    The NT agent can be installed by mapping a drive to and running setup.exe
    from SYS:\BKUPEXEC\WIN_NT\INTEL\ (when default installation).
    Make sure you have Admin rights of course and that NWLink Transport service
    is installed as well as the Microsoft Client or the Novell Client.

    Cheers.

    Anthony wrote in message news:3aaf817f@hronntp01....

    > I am trying to manage/view a netware backup server from my nt workstation.
    > we are using 8.5 on our netware server and 7.3 on our NT server...using
    > execview 2.3 the NT server pops right up, but the netware server does

    not...i've
    > been told to look for a program on the disk called bewin.exe but i'm not
    > seeing it on any of the cds. I'm not very well versed in Netware so if

    you
    > have any ideas, please dumb it down for me. Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks

  3. Re: Viewing Netware Backup Exec server from NT Workstation

    BTW, did you try to enable the Netware server for Execview in the BE for
    Netware Job Manager? (Backup Exec-Job Manager-CTRL.O-Notify-enable Execview)

    Anthony wrote in message news:3aaf817f@hronntp01....

    > I am trying to manage/view a netware backup server from my nt workstation.
    > we are using 8.5 on our netware server and 7.3 on our NT server...using
    > execview 2.3 the NT server pops right up, but the netware server does

    not...i've
    > been told to look for a program on the disk called bewin.exe but i'm not
    > seeing it on any of the cds. I'm not very well versed in Netware so if

    you
    > have any ideas, please dumb it down for me. Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread