Desperate!!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Desperate!!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currently using Backup Exec. v8.5 to backup a Novell 4.11 Server. I have been noticing that open files on my server have not been getting backed up (for ex. Groupwise, Queues and another database program we use). I ...

  1. Desperate!!!

    I am currently using Backup Exec. v8.5 to backup a Novell 4.11 Server. I have
    been noticing that open files on my server have not been getting backed up
    (for ex. Groupwise, Queues and another database program we use). I talked
    to my boss about purchasing the Open File Option, but it was a no go. So,
    I need to find alternative to backup these files. Can someone please tell
    me if there is a way to get the program to close down these files before
    it backs them up and then load them after the backup job? Thanks for any
    information!!!

  2. Re: Desperate!!!

    For GroupWise you can run a Stuffkey prior to backup to unload all of
    the GroupWise stuff and then reload after backup.

  3. Re: Desperate!!!

    Sounds cool, what's a stuffkey??

    Chris
    "Danita Zanre" wrote in message
    > For GroupWise you can run a Stuffkey prior to backup to unload all of
    > the GroupWise stuff and then reload after backup.

  4. Re: Desperate!!!

    Stuffkey is an NLM that emulates keystrokes. Many older GroupWise
    NLMs don't like to be "unloaded" from the command prompt, so you use
    this little tool that goes to the screen, presses F7, exits, etc.

    All of the 5.5 and newer NLMs generally behave okay to just unload.

    Danita

+ Reply to Thread