No Netware Agents in Backup Sources in Windows Client - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on No Netware Agents in Backup Sources in Windows Client - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running the Windows Client and have no Netware Agents in the Backup Sources windows. I have agents in the Restore Sources, but not backup. I need to schedule and start jobs from my desktop. How do I do ...

  1. No Netware Agents in Backup Sources in Windows Client

    I am running the Windows Client and have no Netware Agents in the Backup Sources
    windows. I have agents in the Restore Sources, but not backup. I need to
    schedule and start jobs from my desktop. How do I do it? BE is up and running
    on the server and has completed a number of jobs.

  2. Re: No Netware Agents in Backup Sources in Windows Client

    Which OS are you running on your workstation (win95/98, NT, 2000)?
    Also, what are you trying to back up from the workstation (servers, other
    workstations)?
    I do know that if you are running either NT or 2000 there is an issue that
    you can't see the agent that you are working on.
    You can try to make sure that you have all the rights available and login
    as Admin.
    Also, you can try to reinstall the Windows Client. There is a technote out
    there that tells you how to uninstall it too.

  3. Re: No Netware Agents in Backup Sources in Windows Client

    I just got off the phone with Veritas on this issue. I am running W2K Pro
    and can't see the agents either. Windows Client is an old 16-bit app and
    according to them sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. They say that it
    works better with the Novell Client 32 installed but I haven't tried it yet.
    I'm running it fine on a 95 machine. The "agents" you see in Restore Sources
    are just coming from tape catalogs.

    "John V" wrote in message

    > I am running the Windows Client and have no Netware Agents in the Backup

    Sources
    > windows. I have agents in the Restore Sources, but not backup. I need to
    > schedule and start jobs from my desktop. How do I do it? BE is up and

    running
    > on the server and has completed a number of jobs.

+ Reply to Thread