TechFile ID: 231291: Configuring ExecView; "Failed Connections Problem" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on TechFile ID: 231291: Configuring ExecView; "Failed Connections Problem" - Veritas Backup Exec ; This is an excerpt: " To allow ExecView to monitor Backup Exec For NetWare servers, you must enable the ExecView option from the Job Manager on each NetWare backup server. 1. From the Options menu, select Notify|ExecView. 2. Press the ...

  1. TechFile ID: 231291: Configuring ExecView; "Failed Connections Problem"

    This is an excerpt:

    " To allow ExecView to monitor Backup Exec For
    NetWare servers, you must enable the ExecView option
    from the Job Manager on each NetWare backup server.

    1. From the Options menu, select Notify|ExecView.
    2. Press the spacebar to enable (or disable)
    ExecView.
    "
    I am demoing the lastest version of BOth Backup exec * ExecView and there is
    no OPTION to enable EXECVIEW within Job Manager.. Can anyone help.

    I am trying to validate this product and all I get is fail connections...

    Thanks

  2. Re: TechFile ID: 231291: Configuring ExecView; "Failed Connections Problem"

    You have to go into the JOB Manager, hit CTRL O, then go into the notify options..

    Steve

    "SOD" wrote:
    >This is an excerpt:
    >
    >" To allow ExecView to monitor Backup Exec For
    > NetWare servers, you must enable the ExecView option
    > from the Job Manager on each NetWare backup server.
    >
    > 1. From the Options menu, select Notify|ExecView.
    > 2. Press the spacebar to enable (or disable)
    > ExecView.
    >"
    >I am demoing the lastest version of BOth Backup exec * ExecView and there

    is
    >no OPTION to enable EXECVIEW within Job Manager.. Can anyone help.
    >
    >I am trying to validate this product and all I get is fail connections...
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread