No tape in drive error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on No tape in drive error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, We are using version 8.0 and backups have generally been trouble free until recently. Over the past couple of weeks I haven't had any success completing a backup, each one ending with a message like "Seagate STT8000N does not ...

  1. No tape in drive error

    Hi,
    We are using version 8.0 and backups have generally been trouble free until
    recently. Over the past couple of weeks I haven't had any success completing
    a backup, each one ending with a message like "Seagate STT8000N does not
    contain a tape". I have also had some media failure errors.

    The backup finishes having only got part way through. I've run diagnostic
    checks on the hardware with all of them passing.

    Occasionally I get some serious outcomes from carrying out retensioning -
    the server goes beserk with read and write errors ending up with an unreadable
    volume which only a shut down will fix.

    Any help greatly appreciated

    David

  2. Re: No tape in drive error

    Hi David!
    I am having the exact same problem using version 8 on a NetWare server.
    Did you find a solution?
    If yes, please let me know.
    Thanks!
    Joe

    -
    >the server goes beserk with read and write errors ending up with an unreadable
    >volume which only a shut down will fix.
    >
    >Any help greatly appreciated
    >
    >David

+ Reply to Thread