be 8.5 insufficent privilege - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on be 8.5 insufficent privilege - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running netware 5 with nds 8. every time that I run a backup, all of the volumes backup with no errors, but when I try to backup nds anything under the root gives me the error "insufficent privilege" ...

  1. be 8.5 insufficent privilege

    I am running netware 5 with nds 8.
    every time that I run a backup, all of the volumes backup with no errors,
    but when I try to backup nds anything under the root gives me the error "insufficent
    privilege" and it skips it.
    I am using backup exec 8
    I have checked the name that it is backing up under to be sure it has proper
    rights.

  2. Re: be 8.5 insufficent privilege

    I have exactly same with 8.5

    Please let me know if you find an answer,

    Best regards,

    Olivier Borgeaud

    oborgeau@worldcom.ch

    "Dave Hedges" a écrit dans le message news:
    3a81705e$1@hronntp01....

    > I am running netware 5 with nds 8.
    > every time that I run a backup, all of the volumes backup with no errors,
    > but when I try to backup nds anything under the root gives me the error

    "insufficent
    > privilege" and it skips it.
    > I am using backup exec 8
    > I have checked the name that it is backing up under to be sure it has

    proper
    > rights.

  3. Re: be 8.5 insufficent privilege

    On 7 Feb 2001 10:57:18 -0500, "Dave Hedges"
    wrote:
    Which support pack?
    Version of BE8?
    version of tsands?

    >I am running netware 5 with nds 8.
    >every time that I run a backup, all of the volumes backup with no errors,
    >but when I try to backup nds anything under the root gives me the error "insufficent
    >privilege" and it skips it.
    >I am using backup exec 8
    >I have checked the name that it is backing up under to be sure it has proper
    >rights.

  4. Re: be 8.5 insufficent privilege

    Check to make sure you are not backing up NDS licenses. They will not go to tape, even
    while logged into the tree as admin.

    Thanks,
    Jim Shanks
    Corporate LAN Administration
    Iowa Foundation for Medical Care
    jshanks@ifmc.org

    Dave Hedges wrote:

    > I am running netware 5 with nds 8.
    > every time that I run a backup, all of the volumes backup with no errors,
    > but when I try to backup nds anything under the root gives me the error "insufficent
    > privilege" and it skips it.
    > I am using backup exec 8
    > I have checked the name that it is backing up under to be sure it has proper
    > rights.

+ Reply to Thread