BE 8.0 and Netware 3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.0 and Netware 3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Whenever I try to load the BE 8.0 agent on my Netware 3 servers I get the error messages "Loader cannot find public symbol: _ctype and Loader cannot find public symbol fstat_411" Any thoughts?...

  1. BE 8.0 and Netware 3

    Whenever I try to load the BE 8.0 agent on my Netware 3 servers I get the
    error messages "Loader cannot find public symbol: _ctype and Loader cannot
    find public symbol fstat_411" Any thoughts?

  2. Re: BE 8.0 and Netware 3

    I don't think you can run 8.0 on a 3.x server - use 7.5 (it's on the same
    CD).

    ---
    Rob Pelletier, CNE MCSE ASE
    London, Ontario

    "Chris Brinkman" wrote in message

    > Whenever I try to load the BE 8.0 agent on my Netware 3 servers I get the
    > error messages "Loader cannot find public symbol: _ctype and Loader

    cannot
    > find public symbol fstat_411" Any thoughts?

  3. Re: BE 8.0 and Netware 3

    I haven't seen that particular problem, but I would make sure my CLIB is up
    to date first. While doing that, I would naturally check all the other
    available patches to be sure they're current.

    But then, you've already done that, I'll bet...

    > Whenever I try to load the BE 8.0 agent on my Netware 3 servers I get the
    > error messages "Loader cannot find public symbol: _ctype and Loader

    cannot
    > find public symbol fstat_411" Any thoughts?

  4. Re: BE 8.0 and Netware 3

    BE 8 is not NetWare 3 savy. Goto BE v.7.5 for NW3

    :O:
    wd

    "Rob Pelletier" wrote:
    >I haven't seen that particular problem, but I would make sure my CLIB is

    up
    >to date first. While doing that, I would naturally check all the other
    >available patches to be sure they're current.
    >
    >But then, you've already done that, I'll bet...
    >

    >"Chris Brinkman" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Whenever I try to load the BE 8.0 agent on my Netware 3 servers I get

    the
    >> error messages "Loader cannot find public symbol: _ctype and Loader

    >cannot
    >> find public symbol fstat_411" Any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread