Slow backup and Block Size - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Slow backup and Block Size - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Benchmark DLT1 tape drive that is not performing up to the specs. I called Benchmark and they said that if I increased the block size to 64K or even higher, it may speed up considerably. When I ...

  1. Slow backup and Block Size

    I have a Benchmark DLT1 tape drive that is not performing up to the specs.
    I called Benchmark and they said that if I increased the block size to 64K
    or even higher, it may speed up considerably. When I look in partition
    management, the highest I can go is 32K. Is there a way to increase this
    value?
    Thanks!
    Steve Berlo, MCSE
    King Office Service, Inc.

  2. Re: Slow backup and Block Size

    "Steve Berlo" wrote:
    >I have a Benchmark DLT1 tape drive that is not performing up to the specs.
    >I called Benchmark and they said that if I increased the block size to 64K
    >or even higher, it may speed up considerably. When I look in partition
    >management, the highest I can go is 32K. Is there a way to increase this
    >value?
    >Thanks!
    >Steve Berlo, MCSE
    >King Office Service, Inc.

    You should not use the Partition Mgt,. util for increasing your DISK's blocksize,
    but just the blocksize config. in the tapedrive settings.

    Greetings,

    RZ
    CNE4,5,6 and MSCE

+ Reply to Thread