Backup Exec Has wrong time.. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec Has wrong time.. - Veritas Backup Exec ; BE 8 for Netware on nw5.1 server. All has been fine until today 02/10/00 when I find all the scheduled jobs have moved back an hour, except the first job of the day which start time has gone back 2 ...

  1. Backup Exec Has wrong time..

    BE 8 for Netware on nw5.1 server.
    All has been fine until today 02/10/00 when I find all the scheduled jobs
    have moved back an hour, except the first job of the day which start time
    has gone back 2 hours and time reported by BE is one hour behind real time.
    The server is stating the correct time, and timesync reports all servers
    are correctly snyc'd. BIZZARE>!!!
    Any ideas.?

  2. Re: Backup Exec Has wrong time..

    Backup Exec gets its time from the CLIB.NLM - Do you have SP1 installed?
    If you don't - go ahead and install it. The updated CLIB.NLM files should
    fix the problem.

    "John" wrote:

    >BE 8 for Netware on nw5.1 server.
    >All has been fine until today 02/10/00 when I find all the scheduled jobs
    >have moved back an hour, except the first job of the day which start time
    >has gone back 2 hours and time reported by BE is one hour behind real time.
    >The server is stating the correct time, and timesync reports all servers
    >are correctly snyc'd. BIZZARE>!!!
    >Any ideas.?

  3. Re: Backup Exec Has wrong time..

    We have installed sp1 yes, the server time is correct so I don't really see
    how to apply sp1 would fix this problem anyway..
    It was fine in September, when October kicked in the times went to pot..

    "helper" wrote:

    >Backup Exec gets its time from the CLIB.NLM - Do you have SP1 installed?

    >If you don't - go ahead and install it. The updated CLIB.NLM files should
    >fix the problem.
    >
    >"John" wrote:
    >>
    >>BE 8 for Netware on nw5.1 server.
    >>All has been fine until today 02/10/00 when I find all the scheduled jobs
    >>have moved back an hour, except the first job of the day which start time
    >>has gone back 2 hours and time reported by BE is one hour behind real time.
    >>The server is stating the correct time, and timesync reports all servers
    >>are correctly snyc'd. BIZZARE>!!!
    >>Any ideas.?

  4. Re: Backup Exec Has wrong time..

    The minimum version of Backup Exec that runs on Netware 5.1 is 8.5 - 8.0 does
    not work on 5.1.

    I restate that the Job Manager gets it's time from the CLIB.NLM

    "John" wrote:

    >We have installed sp1 yes, the server time is correct so I don't really

    see
    >how to apply sp1 would fix this problem anyway..
    >It was fine in September, when October kicked in the times went to pot..
    >
    >"helper" wrote:
    >>
    >>Backup Exec gets its time from the CLIB.NLM - Do you have SP1 installed?

    >>If you don't - go ahead and install it. The updated CLIB.NLM files should
    >>fix the problem.
    >>
    >>"John" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>BE 8 for Netware on nw5.1 server.
    >>>All has been fine until today 02/10/00 when I find all the scheduled jobs
    >>>have moved back an hour, except the first job of the day which start time
    >>>has gone back 2 hours and time reported by BE is one hour behind real

    time.
    >>>The server is stating the correct time, and timesync reports all servers
    >>>are correctly snyc'd. BIZZARE>!!!
    >>>Any ideas.?

  5. Re: Backup Exec Has wrong time..

    We have ver8 on our 5.1 server..been working fine..
    I managed to find the problem myself anyhow..
    I changed SET END OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME in the autoexec file.
    Working a treat again.!

    "helper" wrote:

    >The minimum version of Backup Exec that runs on Netware 5.1 is 8.5 - 8.0

    does
    >not work on 5.1.
    >
    >I restate that the Job Manager gets it's time from the CLIB.NLM
    >
    >"John" wrote:
    >>
    >>We have installed sp1 yes, the server time is correct so I don't really

    >see
    >>how to apply sp1 would fix this problem anyway..
    >>It was fine in September, when October kicked in the times went to pot..
    >>
    >>"helper" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Backup Exec gets its time from the CLIB.NLM - Do you have SP1 installed?

    >>>If you don't - go ahead and install it. The updated CLIB.NLM files should
    >>>fix the problem.

    jobs

    time

    >time.