IDR Recovery fails at autoexec.bat - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR Recovery fails at autoexec.bat - Veritas Backup Exec ; Recovering the system from IDR, I got the following error on the DOS Recovery Disk 1: "Error reading c:\autoexec.bat - Press F3 to go to DOS." I went to the DOS prompt and it said "Enter diskette with batch file". ...

  1. IDR Recovery fails at autoexec.bat

    Recovering the system from IDR, I got the following error on the DOS Recovery
    Disk 1: "Error reading c:\autoexec.bat - Press F3 to go to DOS." I went
    to the DOS prompt and it said "Enter diskette with batch file". I then inserted
    a disk that had the server's autoexe.bat file, and then I got an error "Bad
    command or file name /D:CPQCDROM /L:E /M:40". This is the switch on my mscdex
    command for the Compaq DOS CD driver. After this error, the IDR Recovery
    program ends and leaves me at the DOS prompt. Apparently, the IDR Recovery
    is getting mixed up by the switch on the mscdex command. I can re-install
    my OS, remove my autoexec.bat and config.sys and try IDR prep and recovery
    again. Are there other files I need to remove in order to get a recovery?
    Thank-you.

  2. Re: IDR Recovery fails at autoexec.bat

    COMPAQ can not use the BOOTABLE CD or BOOTABLE Tape Drive for IDR recovery
    because COMPAQ BIOS does not support the industry standard of the EL TORITO
    Boot Standard. You have to use Diskettes or ZIP Drives for IDR on COMPAQ
    Machines

    "Karen Dienhart" wrote:

    >Recovering the system from IDR, I got the following error on the DOS Recovery
    >Disk 1: "Error reading c:\autoexec.bat - Press F3 to go to DOS." I went
    >to the DOS prompt and it said "Enter diskette with batch file". I then

    inserted
    >a disk that had the server's autoexe.bat file, and then I got an error "Bad
    >command or file name /D:CPQCDROM /L:E /M:40". This is the switch on my

    mscdex
    >command for the Compaq DOS CD driver. After this error, the IDR Recovery
    >program ends and leaves me at the DOS prompt. Apparently, the IDR Recovery
    >is getting mixed up by the switch on the mscdex command. I can re-install
    >my OS, remove my autoexec.bat and config.sys and try IDR prep and recovery
    >again. Are there other files I need to remove in order to get a recovery?
    > Thank-you.

+ Reply to Thread