SMS Error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SMS Error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I am using BackupExec 8.0 on a Netware 4.11 server. Sometimes I get the following message: "SMS error - The program cannot scan for trustees". After that the backup jobs works fine. What could be the reason for the ...

  1. SMS Error

    Hi,

    I am using BackupExec 8.0 on a Netware 4.11 server. Sometimes I get the following
    message: "SMS error - The program cannot scan for trustees". After that the
    backup jobs works fine.

    What could be the reason for the error message ??
    Is there anybody who knows this problem ?

  2. Re: SMS Error

    Hi!
    I sometimes got a similar error backing up the NDS. Recently we
    "cleaned" the DS.NLM fauna found in our tree (it spanned from 5.03 to 6.09).
    Today all my 47 servers have DS.NLM v 6.10 and the problem is gone.
    "Uwe Furchtbar" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using BackupExec 8.0 on a Netware 4.11 server. Sometimes I get the

    following
    >message: "SMS error - The program cannot scan for trustees". After that

    the
    >backup jobs works fine.
    >
    >What could be the reason for the error message ??
    >Is there anybody who knows this problem ?

+ Reply to Thread