BE 8.5, AIC78u2.ham... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5, AIC78u2.ham... - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hallo, im using an onboard-AIC78u2 (Adaptec 2940 Ultra2)-Controller, Netware 4.11 SP6 with an HP Surestore DAT 40e and BackupExec 8.5. Thats my startup.ncf: load aic78u2.ham slot=10001 ;load scsi2tp load nwaspi.cdm be starts up on bestart.ncf an tells me to take ...

  1. BE 8.5, AIC78u2.ham...

    Hallo,

    im using an onboard-AIC78u2 (Adaptec 2940 Ultra2)-Controller, Netware 4.11
    SP6 with an HP Surestore DAT 40e and BackupExec 8.5.

    Thats my startup.ncf:
    load aic78u2.ham slot=10001
    ;load scsi2tp
    load nwaspi.cdm

    be starts up on bestart.ncf an tells me to take the corrosponding .dsk-Driver
    for my AHA29040. But there is no such driver available.

    Can anybody help ?

    Thanks

    Heiko

  2. Re: BE 8.5, AIC78u2.ham...

    Heiko,
    NW 5 and above use *.HAM and *.CDM's. NW 4.1x uses *.DSK drivers.
    Solution, rem out the *.HAM references in Startup.ncf and replace
    with corresponding *.DSK drivers for you adaptor.

    "Heiko" wrote:

    >Hallo,
    >
    >im using an onboard-AIC78u2 (Adaptec 2940 Ultra2)-Controller, Netware 4.11
    >SP6 with an HP Surestore DAT 40e and BackupExec 8.5.
    >
    >Thats my startup.ncf:
    >load aic78u2.ham slot=10001
    >;load scsi2tp
    >load nwaspi.cdm
    >
    >be starts up on bestart.ncf an tells me to take the corrosponding .dsk-Driver
    >for my AHA29040. But there is no such driver available.
    >
    >Can anybody help ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Heiko

  3. Re: BE 8.5, AIC78u2.ham...

    The error you are referencing is usually associated with the actual error
    of DEVICE DRIVER LOAD FAILURE which is indicative of Netware not seeing your
    drive, the error you reference is a possible suggestion as to why the drive
    was not seen.

    When the error happens, type LOAD BEDIAG /S /C at the server prompt
    and hit enter. You will probably NOT see your tape drive listed. If it
    isn't there, call tech support

    "Tom Kristiansen" wrote:

    >Heiko,
    >NW 5 and above use *.HAM and *.CDM's. NW 4.1x uses *.DSK drivers.
    >Solution, rem out the *.HAM references in Startup.ncf and replace
    >with corresponding *.DSK drivers for you adaptor.
    >

    >"Heiko" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hallo,
    >>
    >>im using an onboard-AIC78u2 (Adaptec 2940 Ultra2)-Controller, Netware 4.11
    >>SP6 with an HP Surestore DAT 40e and BackupExec 8.5.
    >>
    >>Thats my startup.ncf:
    >>load aic78u2.ham slot=10001
    >>;load scsi2tp
    >>load nwaspi.cdm
    >>
    >>be starts up on bestart.ncf an tells me to take the corrosponding .dsk-Driver
    >>for my AHA29040. But there is no such driver available.
    >>
    >>Can anybody help ?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>
    >>Heiko

+ Reply to Thread