Space left on the tape - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Space left on the tape - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I am running BE v8.5 for NW. Backup jobs append to each other on the tape. Is there a way to tell how much space was used up and how much is left on the tape, so I would ...

  1. Space left on the tape

    Hi,

    I am running BE v8.5 for NW.
    Backup jobs append to each other on the tape.
    Is there a way to tell how much space was used
    up and how much is left on the tape, so I would
    know when to replace the tape.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Space left on the tape

    > Is there a way to tell how much space was used
    > up and how much is left on the tape, so I would
    > know when to replace the tape.

    Look at the job history for the latest completed job for that tape. At
    the end of the backup history report (not the verify report!), you
    should see something like this:

    Total directories: 76
    Total files: 39
    Total bytes: 2,759,902 (2.6 Megabytes)
    Total time: 00:16:58
    Throughput: 2,711 bytes/second (0.1 Megabytes/minute)
    Total bytes used on this media: 251,666,944 (240.0 Megabytes)

    HTH.

    --
    Lewis
    Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA