Server NW5 Abends after upgrading on BE 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Server NW5 Abends after upgrading on BE 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I tried to update my BE 8.0 to BE 8.5 on a Netware 5 Server running Service Pack 5. After upgrading BE has to update some Netware-NLMīs and ask then for a reboot of the Server. After rebooting the ...

  1. Server NW5 Abends after upgrading on BE 8.5

    Hi,

    I tried to update my BE 8.0 to BE 8.5 on a Netware 5 Server running
    Service Pack 5. After upgrading BE has to update some Netware-NLMīs
    and ask then for a reboot of the Server. After rebooting the server
    didnīt come back. Stopped while booting with an ABEND without any
    chance to start the server. Had to reinstall the server. Does anyone
    outhere know about problems between BE 8.5 and Netware 5 running Service
    Pack 5 ????

    Thanks for your help, if you have any solutions just write it here, or
    send me an Email.

    Bye
    Dirk

  2. Re: Server NW5 Abends after upgrading on BE 8.5

    Dirk,

    There is a TID on this on the Novell web site and, I believe, on the Veritas
    web site. It's caused by backupexec overwriting the proper version of
    filesys.nlm with its own. The work around is to delete filesys.nlm from
    C:\nwserver and from sys:backupexec/nlms. Deleting the copy from C:\nwserver
    should allow your server to boot.

    Dirk wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to update my BE 8.0 to BE 8.5 on a Netware 5 Server running
    > Service Pack 5. After upgrading BE has to update some Netware-NLMīs
    > and ask then for a reboot of the Server. After rebooting the server
    > didnīt come back. Stopped while booting with an ABEND without any
    > chance to start the server. Had to reinstall the server. Does anyone
    > outhere know about problems between BE 8.5 and Netware 5 running Service
    > Pack 5 ????
    >
    > Thanks for your help, if you have any solutions just write it here, or
    > send me an Email.
    >
    > Bye
    > Dirk

+ Reply to Thread