Backup exec for NT/2000 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup exec for NT/2000 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Backup exec 8.0 installed on a win 2000 server and OFO for netware installed on a Novell server.whenever I try to back up my Novell serverthrough 2000 with verification,the back up is verified upto 99% and then shows ...

  1. Backup exec for NT/2000

    I have Backup exec 8.0 installed on a win 2000 server and OFO for netware
    installed on a Novell server.whenever I try to back up my Novell serverthrough
    2000 with verification,the back up is verified upto 99% and then shows as
    failed.However restoration is done which means files are backed up when open.Why
    is this happening?(long file name support is already provided on the novell
    server).

  2. Re: Backup exec for NT/2000

    I ran into a similar issue when the "use open files option if
    available, otherwise use" option was checked, and the open files
    option was not purchased. It will perform the backup successfully
    and verify, but call the job failed because the open files option was not
    available. Try unchecking that box.

    "shailendra" wrote:

    >I have Backup exec 8.0 installed on a win 2000 server and OFO for netware
    >installed on a Novell server.whenever I try to back up my Novell serverthrough
    >2000 with verification,the back up is verified upto 99% and then shows as
    >failed.However restoration is done which means files are backed up when

    open.Why
    >is this happening?(long file name support is already provided on the novell
    >server).

+ Reply to Thread