BE 8.5 and NW5 Tape rotation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5 and NW5 Tape rotation - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using tape rotation. I back up a differential (using same tape over and over) on mon-thur and a full (new tape) backup on Friday. Since daylight savings time in April 2000, Monday backs up ok, Tuesday askes for ...

  1. BE 8.5 and NW5 Tape rotation

    I am using tape rotation. I back up a differential (using same tape over and
    over) on mon-thur and a full (new tape) backup on Friday. Since daylight
    savings time in April 2000, Monday backs up ok, Tuesday askes for a new differential
    tape and then Wednesday askes for the tape used on Monday. Very odd.

    Thanks in advance for your reply!

    Rick

  2. Re: BE 8.5 and NW5 Tape rotation

    I'm having the same kind of trouble. I thought that it may have started when
    I installed SP4 to Netware 5, didn't see a connection with Daylight Savings
    Time.

    In an attempt to fix the problem, I completely wiped out my tape rotation
    information and started it fresh. My first full backup ran on Friday on
    Tape1. Monday called for a Diff to be run on Tape2, this ran fine. Tues-Thurs
    appended more Differentials to Tape2, perfect so far. Another full backup
    ran on Friday on Tape3, so far so good. Monday asked for Tape2 again and
    a differential overwrote to that, still doing fine. Now it's Tuesday and
    it's asking for Tape4 to do a differential, WRONG! The same pattern is developing
    and I know when I get to Friday this week, it's going to want a new prepared
    tape which I shouldn't have to have.

    Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

    Thanks!

    BTW, using BKUPEXEC for Netware Build 8.5.077

  3. Re: BE 8.5 and NW5 Tape rotation

    Sounds exactly like the problem I am having. My version is 8.5.079. Im not
    sure what is going on, but I have noticed that in the Job Manager, you can
    set the date/time to 12 hour clock and it still shows 24 hour clock on the
    Job Manager screen. They obviously have some issues with timing.

    Rick

  4. Re: BE 8.5 and NW5 Tape rotation

    Novell suggested I delete be8.5 and re-install. I did and it didn't help.

+ Reply to Thread