Re: ExecView problem after upgrade. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: ExecView problem after upgrade. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have the same problem. The only difference is that I don't even see my Netware servers on the "left side". I tried entering the name of the server manually, but it tells me "cannot connect". Does anyone have any ...

  1. Re: ExecView problem after upgrade.

    I have the same problem. The only difference is that I don't even see my
    Netware servers on the "left side". I tried entering the name of the server
    manually, but it tells me "cannot connect".

    Does anyone have any ideas what are we doing wrong??
    "Jeff Cottrill" wrote:

    >"Mark Jackson" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Steven Dominie" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>After upgrading v7.5 to v8.5, Execview sees the server but can not connect.
    >>> I upgraded the Execview from 2.2 to 2.3 and I get this message: "Server
    >>>located - Backup Exec connection failed."
    >>>Any suggestions on this issue?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Steven Dominie

    >>Steven,
    >>
    >>I am a new user of Backup Exec and started with the 8.5 version and Execview.
    >> I had the same problem. I corrected by selecting the server in the left
    >>window by left clicking on the server with the mouse. I then right click
    >>on the server. This brought up a window in which there was a logon selection.
    >> I had to enter my logon password. After doing so, Execview worked.
    >>
    >>Mark Jackson
    >>

    >I've not been able to view NetWare server status with ExecView 2.3f on NT.
    > I get a "credential conflict" error with any account I use. I had the

    same
    >problem with 2.2.

  2. Re: ExecView problem after upgrade.

    On 13 Apr 2000 14:31:07 -0500, "Rodrigo Martinez"
    wrote:

    >I have the same problem. The only difference is that I don't even see my
    >Netware servers on the "left side". I tried entering the name of the server
    >manually, but it tells me "cannot connect".

    Using ExecView under NT is somewhat problematic. I got my best
    results with the original version off the 8.0 CD (version
    2.2something) and NT 4 SP3. When moving to SP6 and 4.7 family of
    clients, no go. You may have some luck with EV 2.2, but I never got
    2.3anything working. Veritas is aware, and the answer is that it is
    basically an unsupported utility. It is a 16 bit app, and I don't
    hold out much hope that it will ever work again, since I was quickly
    pointed to NetManage as a Backup management tool.

    My experience.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread