Quick Check - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Quick Check - Veritas Backup Exec ; Help! I really want to use the quick check feature but it does not work. It did work at one point but then stopped. I have checked that the proper directory is available (sys:bkupexec\check) and that the backup user ID ...

  1. Quick Check

    Help!

    I really want to use the quick check feature but it does not work. It
    did work at one point but then stopped. I have checked that the proper
    directory is available (sys:bkupexec\check) and that the backup user ID
    has admin. rights to the entire BE directory structure. I have tried my
    ID which has tree admin rights and have completely re-installed BE.
    Every job I run comes back with an error stating:

    Error: There was a problem finding or attaching to the Quick Check
    Restore Target. Make sure the target is available and check the user
    name and password in the Job Manager Backup Options.

    I have done all this and still can't get it to work. Something else is
    screwed up. Can anyone help me?

  2. Re: Quick Check

    I am also experiencing this problem. Are there any experts out there with
    a solution?

    Thanks,
    Michael Esposito
    Programmer / Consultant CTG, Inc
    mesposito@ctginc.net

    Pete Shelfo wrote:
    >Help!
    >
    >I really want to use the quick check feature but it does not work. It
    >did work at one point but then stopped. I have checked that the proper
    >directory is available (sys:bkupexec\check) and that the backup user ID
    >has admin. rights to the entire BE directory structure. I have tried my
    >ID which has tree admin rights and have completely re-installed BE.
    >Every job I run comes back with an error stating:
    >
    >Error: There was a problem finding or attaching to the Quick Check
    >Restore Target. Make sure the target is available and check the user
    >name and password in the Job Manager Backup Options.
    >
    >I have done all this and still can't get it to work. Something else is
    >screwed up. Can anyone help me?

  3. Re: Quick Check

    Try loading the same name space on the Backup exec server that is
    on the target server. This fixed my problem with getting QC to work.
    I had to load NFS And MAC to the volume which housed the QC directory.
    The volume I am backing up is NSS and has these name spaces loaded by
    default. Let me know if this helps

    "Michael Esposito" wrote:

    >I am also experiencing this problem. Are there any experts out there with
    >a solution?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Michael Esposito
    >Programmer / Consultant CTG, Inc
    >mesposito@ctginc.net
    >

    >Pete Shelfo wrote:
    >>Help!
    >>
    >>I really want to use the quick check feature but it does not work. It
    >>did work at one point but then stopped. I have checked that the proper
    >>directory is available (sys:bkupexec\check) and that the backup user ID
    >>has admin. rights to the entire BE directory structure. I have tried my
    >>ID which has tree admin rights and have completely re-installed BE.
    >>Every job I run comes back with an error stating:
    >>
    >>Error: There was a problem finding or attaching to the Quick Check
    >>Restore Target. Make sure the target is available and check the user
    >>name and password in the Job Manager Backup Options.
    >>
    >>I have done all this and still can't get it to work. Something else is
    >>screwed up. Can anyone help me?

  4. Re: Quick Check

    Right on - If you do not have the same namespace bound to the SYS volume as
    the volume you are backing up, the lack of namespace will generate that error.
    Cannot restore a LONG NAMESPACE file to a volume that doesn't have LONG
    Namespace bound. All Quick Check restores go to the SYS Volume of the Backup
    Server.

    "Tom Kristiansen" wrote:

    >Try loading the same name space on the Backup exec server that is
    >on the target server. This fixed my problem with getting QC to work.
    >I had to load NFS And MAC to the volume which housed the QC directory.
    >The volume I am backing up is NSS and has these name spaces loaded by
    >default. Let me know if this helps
    >

    >"Michael Esposito" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am also experiencing this problem. Are there any experts out there

    with
    >>a solution?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Michael Esposito
    >>Programmer / Consultant CTG, Inc
    >>mesposito@ctginc.net
    >>

    >>Pete Shelfo wrote:
    >>>Help!
    >>>
    >>>I really want to use the quick check feature but it does not work. It
    >>>did work at one point but then stopped. I have checked that the proper
    >>>directory is available (sys:bkupexec\check) and that the backup user ID
    >>>has admin. rights to the entire BE directory structure. I have tried

    my
    >>>ID which has tree admin rights and have completely re-installed BE.
    >>>Every job I run comes back with an error stating:
    >>>
    >>>Error: There was a problem finding or attaching to the Quick Check
    >>>Restore Target. Make sure the target is available and check the user
    >>>name and password in the Job Manager Backup Options.
    >>>
    >>>I have done all this and still can't get it to work. Something else is
    >>>screwed up. Can anyone help me?

+ Reply to Thread