I am having trouble with backup exec knocking other devices off the network.
I think that it saturates the network segment so thoroughly that all communications
drop. It has not caused any missed backup's, but it has caused other devices
to drop off the network while backups are in progress. From my VOL$ERR.LOG
file...

1-22-00 9:36:38 pm: DS-6.3-47
Severity = 1 Locus = 17 Class = 19
Unable to communicate with server SALES.Sales-Points.TELSKI

1-22-00 9:40:11 pm: DS-6.3-50
Severity = 1 Locus = 17 Class = 19
Established communication with server SALES.Sales-Points.TELSKI

Can I not saturate the segment so much but still get a backup in about the
same amount of time.?