broadcast license exeeded message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on broadcast license exeeded message - Veritas Backup Exec ; I know very little about netware but after installing backup exec 8.0 (single server 25 user)on a netware 4.11 server and running BESTART, a broadcast message about backup exec license exeeded occurs every so often. I am the only one ...

  1. broadcast license exeeded message

    I know very little about netware but after installing backup exec 8.0 (single
    server 25 user)on a netware 4.11 server and running BESTART, a broadcast
    message about backup exec license exeeded occurs every so often. I am the
    only one who will use the program so the license will not be exeeded any
    help on how to get rid of the broadcast message would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: broadcast license exeeded message

    "Rick LaCount" wrote:

    >I know very little about netware but after installing backup exec 8.0 (single
    >server 25 user)on a netware 4.11 server and running BESTART, a broadcast
    >message about backup exec license exeeded occurs every so often. I am the
    >only one who will use the program so the license will not be exeeded any
    >help on how to get rid of the broadcast message would be much appreciated.
    >Thanks in advance

    Rick,
    I you have a license of Netware 4.11 of more than 25 users, you will get
    this message from backupexec. If you do, you need to upgrade backupexec single
    server edition to multiple server edition. Single server edition only works
    with a Netware license of 25 users or less, good luck.

  3. Re: broadcast license exeeded message

    Actually, you don't have to upgrade to the multi-server version, you just
    have to upgrade to the single server unlimited user version.

    Todd

    "Jose Montero" wrote in message

    > "Rick LaCount" wrote:
    > >
    > >I know very little about netware but after installing backup exec 8.0

    (single
    > >server 25 user)on a netware 4.11 server and running BESTART, a broadcast
    > >message about backup exec license exeeded occurs every so often. I am

    the
    > >only one who will use the program so the license will not be exeeded any
    > >help on how to get rid of the broadcast message would be much

    appreciated.
    > >Thanks in advance

    > Rick,
    > I you have a license of Netware 4.11 of more than 25 users, you will get
    > this message from backupexec. If you do, you need to upgrade backupexec

    single
    > server edition to multiple server edition. Single server edition only

    works
    > with a Netware license of 25 users or less, good luck.

+ Reply to Thread