BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing - Veritas Backup Exec ; Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day. For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will today at 7:30 but will ...

  1. BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

  2. Re: BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    "Marvin Scott" wrote:

    >Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    >the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    >For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    >today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    >for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    >BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    >My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    >Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    >this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

    Same problem here in hawaii. Both netware 5.0 servers running
    backup exec 8.0 is changing the time one hour earlier each day
    after the daily backup. Yes, this started in year 2000.
    Looking answers.

  3. Re: BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    We are experiencing the same thing. We too are in AZ (Phoenix). We resell
    the Veritas Backup exec products and the last few days we started getting
    calls from our customers. So far the customers have been NW5 users. We
    all flavors of NW and NT servers using the 7.5 products and up. So far it
    has been Ver 8.0 users. I have not seen a solution from Veritas as of yet.

    "Marvin Scott" wrote:

    >Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    >the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    >For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    >today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    >for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    >BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    >My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    >Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    >this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

  4. Re: BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    "Scott" wrote:

    >We are experiencing the same thing. We too are in AZ (Phoenix). We resell
    >the Veritas Backup exec products and the last few days we started getting
    >calls from our customers. So far the customers have been NW5 users. We
    >all flavors of NW and NT servers using the 7.5 products and up. So far

    it
    >has been Ver 8.0 users. I have not seen a solution from Veritas as of yet.
    >
    >"Marvin Scott" wrote:
    >>
    >>Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    >>the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    >>For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    >>today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    >>for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    >>BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    >>My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    >>Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    >>this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

  5. Re: BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    Started seeing it happen here to in Hawaii. Running NW5.0 w. sp3a
    but I am running BE8.5 Is it NW5.0 sp3...will going to sp4 help???
    and yes, this does look like a year 2000 problem.

    "Mick J." wrote:

    > "Marvin Scott" wrote:
    > >
    > >Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    > >the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    > >For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    > >today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    > >for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    > >BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    > >My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    > >Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    > >this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

    > Same problem here in hawaii. Both netware 5.0 servers running
    > backup exec 8.0 is changing the time one hour earlier each day
    > after the daily backup. Yes, this started in year 2000.
    > Looking answers.

  6. Re: BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    Harlan Mattos wrote:
    >Started seeing it happen here to in Hawaii. Running NW5.0 w. sp3a
    >but I am running BE8.5 Is it NW5.0 sp3...will going to sp4 help???
    >and yes, this does look like a year 2000 problem.
    >
    >"Mick J." wrote:
    >
    >> "Marvin Scott" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    >> >the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    >> >For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    >> >today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    >> >for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    >> >BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    >> >My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    >> >Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    >> >this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

    >> Same problem here in hawaii. Both netware 5.0 servers running
    >> backup exec 8.0 is changing the time one hour earlier each day
    >> after the daily backup. Yes, this started in year 2000.
    >> Looking answers.

  7. Re: BE 8.0 scheduled dates and times changing

    Here's a work around for those of you still having problems with
    jobs changing the start time or dates changing when editing jobs.
    Set the starting and ending fields for time synchronization
    to make your server appear that it does daylight savings time.
    Do this in Monitor, Server Parameters, Time on the console.
    Don't set the daylight savings
    time status = on, because it doesn't start until April. If
    Veritas doesn't have a fix by April, either set the offset field
    from 1 hour to 0 hours or set the new time with daylight savings
    time status field to off. You will also have to update your
    autoexec.ncf file with the start and end set statements.

    "Marvin Scott" wrote:

    >Since the beginning of the year my scheduled jobs are setting
    >the next time to run one hour earlier than the previous day.
    >For example, an incremental job set to run at 7:30 MTWRF will
    >today at 7:30 but will be put in the schedule for tomorrow
    >for 6:30. My backup server is a NW5.0 patch 3a and I am running
    >BE 8.0. In Arizona we don't observe daylight savings time.
    >My server is set to MST with daylight savings time = off.
    >Haven't seen any patches on Veritas site dealing with
    >this. These same jobs ran normally before the new year.

+ Reply to Thread