BE version 5.01 netware copyright violation - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE version 5.01 netware copyright violation - Veritas Backup Exec ; I updated Netware 4.10 for Y2K and then got Copyright Violation notices from Backup Exec - Any ideas why and what I can do about it? besides spending $395 to upgrade ? It does not seem that this is a ...

  1. BE version 5.01 netware copyright violation

    I updated Netware 4.10 for Y2K and then got Copyright Violation notices from
    Backup Exec - Any ideas why and what I can do about it? besides spending
    $395 to upgrade ?
    It does not seem that this is a Y2K problem - but we'd rather not spend
    $89 support charge to find out that we have to upgrade anyway.

  2. Re: BE version 5.01 netware copyright violation

    "Frank Kirschenheiter" wrote:

    >I updated Netware 4.10 for Y2K and then got Copyright Violation notices

    from
    >Backup Exec - Any ideas why and what I can do about it? besides spending
    >$395 to upgrade ?
    >It does not seem that this is a Y2K problem - but we'd rather not spend
    >$89 support charge to find out that we have to upgrade anyway.

  3. Re: BE version 5.01 netware copyright violation

    Don't know what happened to my last response. I seem to remember
    reading the BE was somehow tied to NW license. Now that it has
    been changed it complains. When I tried to install on a default
    2-user licence it would not work properly until I put on
    the 5-user licence.

    Ask the e-mail helpdesk. It's free.

    >"Frank Kirschenheiter" wrote:
    >>
    >>I updated Netware 4.10 for Y2K and then got Copyright Violation notices

    >from
    >>Backup Exec - Any ideas why and what I can do about it? besides spending
    >>$395 to upgrade ?
    >>It does not seem that this is a Y2K problem - but we'd rather not spend
    >>$89 support charge to find out that we have to upgrade anyway.

+ Reply to Thread