Re: Netware 4.11 SP7a and Backup Exec 7.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: Netware 4.11 SP7a and Backup Exec 7.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; "Carol Crouch" wrote: > >"Terry Sivonen" wrote: > >I too keep experiencing the same issue - on multiple servers in multiple >sites. Upgrading for many of my clients is not an option, so a solution would >be more than welcome...... ...

  1. Re: Netware 4.11 SP7a and Backup Exec 7.5

    "Carol Crouch" wrote:

    >"Terry Sivonen" wrote:
    >
    >I too keep experiencing the same issue - on multiple servers in multiple
    >sites. Upgrading for many of my clients is not an option, so a solution

    would
    >be more than welcome......
    >

    >>I just installed SP7a for Netware 4.11 and my backup schedular does not

    >work
    >>properly. It will run one job but will not run the following scheduled

    job
    >>unless you reinitialize the job manager or exit out of Backup Exec and

    then
    >>restart it. Any suggestions?

    >You will have the same problem is you upgrade to Backup Exec 8.0. Don't

    waste your time. I am pretty much furious about this whole issue. Let me
    know if you find a solution. Apparently, alot of people are having this
    problem. The only solution I know is to regress to Novell patch level nwsp6a,
    which I am not willing to do.

  2. Re: Netware 4.11 SP7a and Backup Exec 7.5

    "David Trent" wrote:

    >"Carol Crouch" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Terry Sivonen" wrote:
    >>
    >>I too keep experiencing the same issue - on multiple servers in multiple
    >>sites. Upgrading for many of my clients is not an option, so a solution

    >would
    >>be more than welcome......
    >>

    >>>I just installed SP7a for Netware 4.11 and my backup schedular does not

    >>work
    >>>properly. It will run one job but will not run the following scheduled

    >job
    >>>unless you reinitialize the job manager or exit out of Backup Exec and

    >then
    >>>restart it. Any suggestions?

    >>You will have the same problem is you upgrade to Backup Exec 8.0. Don't

    >waste your time. I am pretty much furious about this whole issue. Let

    me
    >know if you find a solution. Apparently, alot of people are having this
    >problem. The only solution I know is to regress to Novell patch level nwsp6a,
    >which I am not willing to do.

    I feel exactly the same. I've reported this fault to Veritas, who have basically
    ignored me for the past 2 months!

    The only thing they have done is to E-mail me every 3 weeks asking if it
    is any better.

    If they haven't addressed the issue by the new year we will be trialing another
    backup solution.

    I would be more than happy if they would just let us know there is a problem
    and they are working on it. At least we wouldn't feel like we were being
    ignored.

    Dan Simms
    Eversheds

+ Reply to Thread