"Capacity check status: Failed" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Capacity check status: Failed" - Veritas Backup Exec ; Help Please ! I keep getting "Capacity check status: Failed" when I attempt to run a "test run" backup. I am using BackupExec9 with latest patch on a W2K server to do a network backup up of two XP Pro ...

  1. "Capacity check status: Failed"

    Help Please !

    I keep getting "Capacity check status: Failed" when I attempt to run a "test
    run" backup. I am using BackupExec9 with latest patch on a W2K server to do
    a network backup up of two XP Pro wrk stations and a W2K Pro wrk sta.

    What setting is causing this error message?

  2. Re: "Capacity check status: Failed"

    You've either got no media in the drive or the reported free space is less
    than the size of what you're test running. The reported free space is usually
    wrong so I wouldn't worry about it. Only some drives support that feature,
    I'd just disable that part of the test if you're sure there is space on the
    tape.

    "Blair Anthony Wilson" wrote:
    >Help Please !
    >
    >I keep getting "Capacity check status: Failed" when I attempt to run a "test
    >run" backup. I am using BackupExec9 with latest patch on a W2K server to

    do
    >a network backup up of two XP Pro wrk stations and a W2K Pro wrk sta.
    >
    >What setting is causing this error message?

  3. Re: "Capacity check status: Failed"

    "Blair Anthony Wilson" wrote:
    >Help Please !
    >
    >I keep getting "Capacity check status: Failed" when I attempt to run a "test
    >run" backup. I am using BackupExec9 with latest patch on a W2K server to

    do
    >a network backup up of two XP Pro wrk stations and a W2K Pro wrk sta.
    >
    >What setting is causing this error message?

    I'm getting this error as well (on several machines). I have tried replacing
    drives to no avail. Somebody please offer some assistance.. Symantec?? Veritas??
    Where you at?

  4. Re: "Capacity check status: Failed"

    This is caused by the "Media capacity check to complete individual jobs" check
    box being ticked.

    Looks like its a known problem, I had it myself, unchecked the tick box and
    the test ran through fine. Hope this helps.

    Apache

+ Reply to Thread