Fatal Exception - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Fatal Exception - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I've got a Seagate 20GB ATAPI drive installed on a windows 98 machine. Using Backup Exec Desktop 4.5 it is scheduled to backup Samba shares from a Linux machine. I've run a test schedule while sitting at the machine ...

  1. Fatal Exception

    Hi, I've got a Seagate 20GB ATAPI drive installed on a windows 98 machine.
    Using Backup Exec Desktop 4.5 it is scheduled to backup Samba shares from
    a Linux machine. I've run a test schedule while sitting at the machine and
    everything worked fine. But when the actual backup job was supposed to run
    it came up with this blue screen "A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C14D96B2
    in VXD MSTCP(01) +
    00007272. The current application will be terminated."
    When I came in in the morning. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Mat

  2. Re: Fatal Exception

    Do you have your machine set to go into power saving mode? That would cause
    something like that to happen... or it could be something else, but try that
    first.

    Chris

    "Mathieu M. Berube" wrote in message

    > Hi, I've got a Seagate 20GB ATAPI drive installed on a windows 98 machine.
    > Using Backup Exec Desktop 4.5 it is scheduled to backup Samba shares from
    > a Linux machine. I've run a test schedule while sitting at the machine

    and
    > everything worked fine. But when the actual backup job was supposed to

    run
    > it came up with this blue screen "A fatal exception OE has occurred at

    0028:C14D96B2
    > in VXD MSTCP(01) +
    > 00007272. The current application will be terminated."
    > When I came in in the morning. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mat

+ Reply to Thread