Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, we purchased version 4.4.1 as a electronic/download version. When I try to install the 4.6 upgrade, it can't find the installed version, and I have no install medium to point it to. any idea? Do I have to unpack ...

  1. Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version

    Hi,

    we purchased version 4.4.1 as a electronic/download version. When I try to
    install the 4.6 upgrade, it can't find the installed version, and I have
    no install medium to point it to.

    any idea? Do I have to unpack the original download file?

    Thanks,

    Arndt

  2. Re: Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version

    Arndt,

    4.61 will not upgrade 4.41 since it's Backup Exec Desktop Edition. It will
    only upgrade Backup Exec Desktop & Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5x.

    Tracy
    "Arndt" wrote in message news:3c2c4b9f$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi,
    >
    > we purchased version 4.4.1 as a electronic/download version. When I try to
    > install the 4.6 upgrade, it can't find the installed version, and I have
    > no install medium to point it to.
    >
    > any idea? Do I have to unpack the original download file?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Arndt

  3. Re: Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version

    And 4.5 is no longer available from Veritas.

    --
    Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    message.

    http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
    Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical
    reviewing; Standards; Product functional/design/specifications
    "Tracy" wrote in message
    > Arndt,
    >
    > 4.61 will not upgrade 4.41 since it's Backup Exec Desktop Edition. It will
    > only upgrade Backup Exec Desktop & Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5x.
    >
    > Tracy
    > "Arndt" wrote in message news:3c2c4b9f$1@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > we purchased version 4.4.1 as a electronic/download version. When I try

    > > install the 4.6 upgrade, it can't find the installed version, and I have
    > > no install medium to point it to.
    > >
    > > any idea? Do I have to unpack the original download file?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Arndt

  4. Re: Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version

    "Howard Kaikow" wrote:
    >And 4.5 is no longer available from Veritas.
    >
    >--
    >Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
    >message.
    >
    >http://www.standards.com/ipusers/standards; Programming and support for
    >Word macros, including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical
    >reviewing; Standards; Product functional/design/specifications
    >"Tracy" wrote in message
    >> Arndt,
    >>
    >> 4.61 will not upgrade 4.41 since it's Backup Exec Desktop Edition. It

    will
    >> only upgrade Backup Exec Desktop & Backup Exec Desktop Pro 4.5x.
    >>
    >> Tracy
    >> "Arndt" wrote in message news:3c2c4b9f$1@hronntp01....
    >> >
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > we purchased version 4.4.1 as a electronic/download version. When I

    try
    >> > install the 4.6 upgrade, it can't find the installed version, and I

    have
    >> > no install medium to point it to.
    >> >
    >> > any idea? Do I have to unpack the original download file?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Arndt

    >>Stomp Backup my PC doest not support DLT products, also Stomp has no intentions

    on upgrading the software to allow DLT products backups. Veritas does NOT
    have a Windows XP backup solution other than the Backupexec Server version
    witch craches every other day.
    I alwase owned Veritas products but now I am looking for other manufactures.
    Fred Muchmore

  5. Re: Upgrade from 4.4.1 electronic version

    > try

    > have

    > >>Stomp Backup my PC doest not support DLT products, also Stomp has no

    intentions
    > on upgrading the software to allow DLT products backups. Veritas does NOT
    > have a Windows XP backup solution other than the Backupexec Server version
    > witch craches every other day.
    > I alwase owned Veritas products but now I am looking for other

    manufactures.
    > Fred Muchmore

    Hi Fred,

    The latest version of Orlogix/Stomp Backup MyPC fully supports Windows XP
    Pro and Home, including disaster recovery.

    Backup MyPC is a desktop backup solution (albeit with a lot of features that
    are applicable to small network backup requirements), supporting backup
    devices that are found in desktop and notebook PCs, from Zip to DAT drives.

    All the DLT manufacturers will tell you that the drives are targeted at
    mid-range servers, which run server OSs (and Backup MyPC won't install on
    that either). A DLT drive runs to $5K+ and the media are another $250+. Most
    people are not going to use $5K worth of backup hardware to backup a desktop
    PC worth $1K using software costing $69, are they?

    Gary (orlogix staff)

+ Reply to Thread