LiteOn LT-16101B - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on LiteOn LT-16101B - Veritas Backup Exec ; Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-( I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not able to backup ...

  1. LiteOn LT-16101B

    Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    able to backup my data to the new device.
    Any solutions on that!

    Jan

  2. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    Got the same problem.... tell me if you know a solution... i will do as well....
    Regards, Tim

    Jan Nieuwenhuis wrote:

    >Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    >Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    >I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    >able to backup my data to the new device.
    >Any solutions on that!
    >
    >Jan
    >
    >begin:vcard
    >n:Nieuwenhuis;Jan
    >tel;fax:0222-319674
    >tel;work:0222-369335
    >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    >url:http://www.nioz.nl/en/facilities/dmg/meta/Welcome.html
    >org:Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ);FYS - Data Management

    Group
    >adr:;;P.O.Box 59;Den Burg;;NL-1790 AB;The Netherlands
    >version:2.1
    >email;internet:nieuw@nioz.nl
    >fn:Jan Nieuwenhuis
    >end:vcard

  3. Re: LiteOn LT-16101B

    Hello Tim,

    Just bought (and downloaded via Internet) the upgrade to "Backup MyPC"
    (the Backup Exec 'follow-up') version 4.61 at Orlogix -
    http://veritas.softline.ie/home/
    Installed the programme and it works fine; e.g. it now recognizes the
    LiteOn CD-writer again :-)

    Jan

    Tim wrote:

    > Got the same problem.... tell me if you know a solution... i will do as well....
    > Regards, Tim
    >
    > Jan Nieuwenhuis wrote:
    > >
    > >Just purchased a new CD-writer from LiteOn, type LT16101B and saw that
    > >Backup Excec 4.2.1 could not find this new media device :-(
    > >I used a Philips CDD-3610 without any problems, but at present I am not
    > >able to backup my data to the new device.
    > >Any solutions on that!
    > >
    > >Jan
    > >
    > >begin:vcard
    > >n:Nieuwenhuis;Jan
    > >tel;fax:0222-319674
    > >tel;work:0222-369335
    > >x-mozilla-html:FALSE
    > >url:http://www.nioz.nl/en/facilities/dmg/meta/Welcome.html
    > >org:Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ);FYS - Data Management

    > Group
    > >adr:;;P.O.Box 59;Den Burg;;NL-1790 AB;The Netherlands
    > >version:2.1
    > >email;internet:nieuw@nioz.nl
    > >fn:Jan Nieuwenhuis
    > >end:vcard