Do the recovery disks contain a program file that will restore backups? I
have tried to make the disks
several times in the last year and have not been able to make them. Found
that sub-directory "Dr" was
missing files "recover.~exe" and "setup.~exe" that were causing the disk
creating process to fail and
that Backup exec 4.2 should be reinstalled to put the files back on the hard
drive. I had backed up
the BackUp exec files after installing and after each update. I recovered
the missing files but don't
want to create the disks if they will not enable me to restore the backups
without having to reinstall
BackUP exec.

I have been using another disaster recovery set of disks that lets me load
files to make my CD drive work and reinstall the registry and other critical
files from a CD-R. I was hoping that the veritas disks would let me restore
my back-ups without having to reinsall BackUp Exec.

Thanks,

Bill Porter