Unknown media format - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unknown media format - Veritas Backup Exec ; I cannot make a backup: tried with three tapes, and after recording most of the tape, I get the message during verification, "An error occurred while reading the media. The media cannot be read or contains an unknown media format. ...

  1. Unknown media format

    I cannot make a backup: tried with three tapes, and after recording most
    of the tape, I
    get the message during verification,

    "An error occurred while reading the media. The media cannot be read
    or contains an unknown media
    format. If the media contains valid data, please verify the device
    connections or try changing the device
    settings. An unformatted region was detected on the media (07-04-23-02-1403)"

    Where do you recommend I start to fix this? We have upgraded the software
    to Veritas Backup Exec Desktop V 4.5,
    and replaced the Connor CT T8000A drive once.

    Andy

  2. Re: Unknown media format

    Andy,

    I'm not familiar with the tape drive you use but I would first
    check and see if you have the latest firmware for it. Have you
    tried initializing the tape, retensioning tape, then running
    backups?

    Hope this helps,
    Sharon
    "Andy Bardwell" wrote:

    >I cannot make a backup: tried with three tapes, and after recording most
    >of the tape, I
    >get the message during verification,
    >
    > "An error occurred while reading the media. The media cannot be read
    >or contains an unknown media
    > format. If the media contains valid data, please verify the device
    >connections or try changing the device
    > settings. An unformatted region was detected on the media (07-04-23-02-1403)"
    >
    >Where do you recommend I start to fix this? We have upgraded the software
    >to Veritas Backup Exec Desktop V 4.5,
    >and replaced the Connor CT T8000A drive once.
    >
    >Andy

+ Reply to Thread