Problem w. 16x Imation CD-Rs - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem w. 16x Imation CD-Rs - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using a Plextor 16x/10/x/32x CD-ROM burner with Veritas' Backup Exec Desktop software. Whenever I get near the 700M limit of the Imation CD-R, it experiences an error. (The Imation disks are rated at 16x, 700M.) The backups are success ...

  1. Problem w. 16x Imation CD-Rs

    I'm using a Plextor 16x/10/x/32x CD-ROM burner with Veritas' Backup Exec
    Desktop software. Whenever I get near the 700M limit of the Imation CD-R,
    it experiences an error. (The Imation disks are rated at 16x, 700M.) The
    backups are success if I don't have to span CD-Rs. They are also successful
    if I use Yamaha 16x, 650M disks.

    It's still possible that this could be a problem with Backup Exec Desktop.
    It is NOT a Win2000 problem, since it also occurred under Win95. A test
    with Nero is still pending.

    This could also be a problem w. just the Plextor drives.

  2. Re: Problem w. 16x Imation CD-Rs

    using the Imation 700mb 1x-12x and mutli cd works fine

    "Niels Kistrup" wrote in message
    > I'm using a Plextor 16x/10/x/32x CD-ROM burner with Veritas' Backup Exec
    > Desktop software. Whenever I get near the 700M limit of the Imation CD-R,
    > it experiences an error. (The Imation disks are rated at 16x, 700M.) The
    > backups are success if I don't have to span CD-Rs. They are also

    successful
    > if I use Yamaha 16x, 650M disks.
    >
    > It's still possible that this could be a problem with Backup Exec Desktop.
    > It is NOT a Win2000 problem, since it also occurred under Win95. A test
    > with Nero is still pending.
    >
    > This could also be a problem w. just the Plextor drives.

+ Reply to Thread