Batch File Commands using Backup Exec 4.2.1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Batch File Commands using Backup Exec 4.2.1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I currently use an earlier version of Backup Exec (QBWIN) and call the backup routine from a batch file. eg. d:\qbwin\qbwin.exe /w "dailybup" /a This routine automatcially load the QBWIN routine and runs a backup with operator intervention. Are there ...

  1. Batch File Commands using Backup Exec 4.2.1

    I currently use an earlier version of Backup Exec (QBWIN) and call the backup
    routine from a batch file. eg.
    d:\qbwin\qbwin.exe /w "dailybup" /a

    This routine automatcially load the QBWIN routine and runs a backup with
    operator intervention.

    Are there equivalent batch commands available with Backup Exec 4.2.1 ?

    If so where can I find the documentation?

    Thank you

  2. Re: Batch File Commands using Backup Exec 4.2.1

    "Peter Horsley" wrote:

    >I currently use an earlier version of Backup Exec (QBWIN) and call the backup
    >routine from a batch file. eg.
    > d:\qbwin\qbwin.exe /w "dailybup" /a
    >
    >This routine automatcially load the QBWIN routine and runs a backup with
    >operator intervention.
    >
    >Are there equivalent batch commands available with Backup Exec 4.2.1 ?

    --------
    There are not. But you can launch a backup job from a command line
    using BECOM:

    Colin Sewell mailto:csewell@telus.net
    Vancouver, BC

+ Reply to Thread