Failed Restore Procedure on 4.4.1--It Get Uglier. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Failed Restore Procedure on 4.4.1--It Get Uglier. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ref--Failed Restore Procedure on 4.4.1 ....so then I try to do a manual restore from my latest full system backup. It finishes, no errors, and all seems to be in order--except when I try to dial my ISP. Somehow the ...

  1. Failed Restore Procedure on 4.4.1--It Get Uglier.

    Ref--Failed Restore Procedure on 4.4.1

    ....so then I try to do a manual restore from my latest full system backup.
    It finishes, no errors, and all seems to be in order--except when I try to
    dial my ISP. Somehow the restore process corrupted the Windows 2000 Pro RAS
    system so badly, none of the "connectoids" will connect anymore, not even a
    newly created one. The modem does its thing like usual, but every time the
    handshaking starts, it immediately aborts and I get a "handle" error
    message. The event viewer showed numerous errors--RASMAN was one of them.
    (I was a little too disgusted to make note of the others before I dug out
    the boot disk set and CD.)

    The original backup included every file on the computer, and the system
    state. The post-backup report showed only the usual warnings for log files
    and the like, messages I've become accustomed to ignoring under backups and
    restores with Windows 98 and Seagate BED98.

    Not a good showing at all for my first attempt at a VBEDE 4.4.1 disaster
    recovery. I am not happy, Veritas.

    Moral to this story--before you buy it, try it. You may be working the
    trapeze without a net, and not even know it, so to speak.

    Herb Crites
    hecrites@spamfree.myokay.net

  2. Re: Failed Restore Procedure on 4.4.1--It Get Uglier.

    Interesting information, thanks for passing it along. Scary to see this
    type of post.
    --
    Rob Miller [ICQ 77216553]
    When replying via email,