Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an HP9300 series internal CDRW. I am able to do a format and backup, but after a few backups I get this message: Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR This seems to happen when the cd is ...

  1. Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR

    I have an HP9300 series internal CDRW.

    I am able to do a format and backup, but after a few backups I get this
    message:
    Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR

    This seems to happen when the cd is nearly full. I cannot find away to get
    the remaining space on the CD???

    When I get this error I try and do a Format. But it fails with the same
    message. I then put in a fresh CDRW and it formats, I then put in the
    previous one (that just failed) and it formats after about 45 minutes. why
    the erratic behavior?

    Also, shouldnt I be able to take any CDRW and format it??? If I try and
    format one that was previously formatted with DirectCD, it gives errors.

    Do you think I have a bad drive or is this normal behavior?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR

    i suggest you do a full erase the CDRW with the mastering software(ADAPTEC
    EZ CD CDREATOR)
    follow the below link if you are not sure how to do it.

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...edt/203041.htm

    then start backup exec, try a backup and you should be fine.

    "RaifordBrookshire" wrote:
    >I have an HP9300 series internal CDRW.
    >
    >I am able to do a format and backup, but after a few backups I get this
    >message:
    >Damaged area detected on media (oc-03-23-01-7303) ERROR
    >

    >This seems to happen when the cd is nearly full. I cannot find away to get
    >the remaining space on the CD???
    >
    >When I get this error I try and do a Format. But it fails with the same
    >message. I then put in a fresh CDRW and it formats, I then put in the
    >previous one (that just failed) and it formats after about 45 minutes. why
    >the erratic behavior?
    >
    >Also, shouldnt I be able to take any CDRW and format it??? If I try and
    >format one that was previously formatted with DirectCD, it gives errors.
    >
    >Do you think I have a bad drive or is this normal behavior?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread