CD-R vs CD-RW support - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on CD-R vs CD-RW support - Veritas Backup Exec ; Novice question here. I'm new to CD-r/rw. Since I don't have one yet, I can choose one that will work with Veritas. (I'm looking at the "eval" copy now.) The support list indicates that some drives are supported for CD-R, ...

  1. CD-R vs CD-RW support

    Novice question here. I'm new to CD-r/rw. Since I don't have one yet, I
    can choose one that will work with Veritas. (I'm looking at the "eval" copy
    now.)

    The support list indicates that some drives are supported for CD-R, and others
    say CD-RW. Since I believe the actual drives support both (in most cases),
    if Veritas says "CD-RW", does it mean that it ONLY works with CD-RW, or that
    it will do both CD-R and CD-RW. (And if they say CD-R, does what does that
    mean in terms of CD-R/CD-R?)

    Thanks.
    Barry

  2. Re: CD-R vs CD-RW support

    the device support list will show CDRW if the drive supports CDRWs and CDR
    if the drive only supports CDR. If the device shows CDRW, then backup exec
    will work with both CDR and CDRW media.

    "Barry Dorfman" wrote:

    >Novice question here. I'm new to CD-r/rw. Since I don't have one yet,

    >can choose one that will work with Veritas. (I'm looking at the "eval"

    copy
    >now.)
    >
    >The support list indicates that some drives are supported for CD-R, and

    others
    >say CD-RW. Since I believe the actual drives support both (in most cases),
    >if Veritas says "CD-RW", does it mean that it ONLY works with CD-RW, or

    that
    >it will do both CD-R and CD-RW. (And if they say CD-R, does what does that
    >mean in terms of CD-R/CD-R?)
    >
    >Thanks.
    > Barry

+ Reply to Thread