Tape alert message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape alert message - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am receiving the following message after completing a backup with BE version 4.2 with an HP SureStore T4i drive. Warning: TapeAlert: The tape cartridge has reached the end of its calculated useful life: 1. Copy any data you need ...

  1. Tape alert message

    I am receiving the following message after completing a backup with BE version
    4.2 with an HP SureStore T4i drive.

    Warning: TapeAlert: The tape cartridge has reached the end of its calculated
    useful life:
    1. Copy any data you need to another tape.
    2. Discard the old tape.

    I have replaced the tape with a new one and get the same message. What is
    the problem?

  2. Re: Tape alert message

    "Joe Thibodeau" wrote:

    >I am receiving the following message after completing a backup with BE version
    >4.2 with an HP SureStore T4i drive.
    >
    >Warning: TapeAlert: The tape cartridge has reached the end of its calculated
    >useful life:
    > 1. Copy any data you need to another tape.
    > 2. Discard the old tape.
    >
    >I have replaced the tape with a new one and get the same message. What

    is
    >the problem?

    have you called HP to have the drive diagnosed?

  3. Re: Tape alert message

    This tool you can use for diag. your drive:
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_sto...e/tapediag.exe

    jk

    "Rerun" wrote in message news:394e39ec$1@hronntp01....
    > "Joe Thibodeau" wrote:
    > >I am receiving the following message after completing a backup with BE

    version
    > >4.2 with an HP SureStore T4i drive.
    > >Warning: TapeAlert: The tape cartridge has reached the end of its

    calculated
    > >useful life:
    > > 1. Copy any data you need to another tape.
    > > 2. Discard the old tape.
    > >I have replaced the tape with a new one and get the same message. What

    > is the problem?

+ Reply to Thread