Utility to Read QIC files? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Utility to Read QIC files? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi ... is there any utility out there that will allow me to open BE 4.2 ..QIC files, extract and restore files from them, without having to load up Backup Exec? A utility to do so from DOS? Are the ...

  1. Utility to Read QIC files?

    Hi ... is there any utility out there that will allow me to open BE 4.2
    ..QIC files, extract and restore files from them, without having to load up
    Backup Exec? A utility to do so from DOS?

    Are the .QIC files in a proprietary format, unreadable by anything except
    Backup Exec?

    Thanks in advance.

    --
    jim

  2. Re: Utility to Read QIC files?

    QIC is a proprietary format. Nothing else will read them.

    Chris

    "Spoon" wrote in message
    > Hi ... is there any utility out there that will allow me to open BE 4.2
    > .QIC files, extract and restore files from them, without having to load up
    > Backup Exec? A utility to do so from DOS?
    >
    > Are the .QIC files in a proprietary format, unreadable by anything except
    > Backup Exec?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --
    > jim

  3. Re: Utility to Read QIC files?

    PLEASE!!

    1/ Install a virtual machine (Virtual Box i use)
    2/ Install Windows 98/95/ME
    Use the instructions as you install a usual OS..
    3/ Copy your .qic files to a folder on guest machine (lets say XP..)
    4/ Open Virtual machine (windows 98), make from the settings visible the previous folder
    5/ copy - paste the .qic files to your v.machine
    6/ Run Restore procedure from v.machine.
    7/ Copy - paste the produced (extracted) files to guest machine.

    Problem solved!

    ---
    cheers Argi.

+ Reply to Thread