error during formating - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on error during formating - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Backup Exec4.2 and while attempting to format a TR3 Travan tape in a Exybyte QIC 3020 drive I got the following error. Error Code 0C-09-16-01-0000 attempting to format media. I have been using the exact same tapes for ...

  1. error during formating

    I have Backup Exec4.2 and while attempting to format a TR3 Travan tape in
    a Exybyte QIC 3020 drive I got the following error.
    Error Code 0C-09-16-01-0000 attempting to format media.
    I have been using the exact same tapes for backup for weeks with no problem.
    this is the first time I have attempted to format a tape.
    I need a translation of what this error code means, or someone to email or
    call that can provide the information.
    Veritas has severed all inbound phone calls to tech support.
    Thanks,
    Norm

  2. Re: error during formating

    "Norm Hem" wrote:

    >I have Backup Exec4.2 and while attempting to format a TR3 Travan tape in
    >a Exybyte QIC 3020 drive I got the following error.
    >Error Code 0C-09-16-01-0000 attempting to format media.
    >I have been using the exact same tapes for backup for weeks with no problem.
    >this is the first time I have attempted to format a tape.
    >I need a translation of what this error code means, or someone to email

    or
    >call that can provide the information.
    >Veritas has severed all inbound phone calls to tech support.
    >Thanks,
    >Norm

    try using the "close program" menu to "end task" on everything but systray
    and explorer before using backup exec and don't use the pc while formatting
    the tape

+ Reply to Thread