Not all files backed up on mapped drives - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Not all files backed up on mapped drives - Veritas Backup Exec ; When backing up a mapped drive, the software correctly estimates the number of files to back up - say 1700. During backup the files processed counter reaches say 1400 then the software reports it has finished, with no errors. It ...

  1. Not all files backed up on mapped drives

    When backing up a mapped drive, the software correctly estimates the number
    of files to back up - say 1700. During backup the files processed counter
    reaches say 1400 then the software reports it has finished, with no errors.
    It seems to be mostly whole folders that get missed, and the same ones each
    night. Backing up those folders separately works fine, but it is very time
    consuming to identify them.

    One possible reason is that Backup Exec comes to a file which causes it to
    think it has finished. I am not sure what order Backup Exec processes files
    in, but it would then always miss the files/folders after the "bad" file,
    but would successfully back up those folders separately.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Not all files backed up on mapped drives

    easiest way to fix it...take your job(s) out of the scheduler; delete that
    job from backup exec (click "job" and then "delete"), create and schedule a
    job to replace the one that was running...this will work.

  3. Re: Not all files backed up on mapped drives

    "ScottB" wrote:

    >easiest way to fix it...take your job(s) out of the scheduler; delete that
    >job from backup exec (click "job" and then "delete"), create and schedule a
    >job to replace the one that was running...this will work.

    I'm late to this, since new to the forum. I had this problem & spent MONTHS
    with Veritas tech support on this ... taking weeks of my time. They ended up
    giving up, saying they had never seen this problem elsewhere & would refund my
    purchase price ... not what I wanted.

    I tried creating new jobs, and just about everything else we could think of, to
    no avail. I never used the scheduler.

    My solution ... move Backup Exec from NT4 to Win95 ... strange, but true.

+ Reply to Thread