Failure of Program when used with HP-CD Writer Plus (with USB connection). - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Failure of Program when used with HP-CD Writer Plus (with USB connection). - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an evaluation copy of the veritas.backupexec desktop software. The software fails to backup my hard drive when used with an HP-CD Writer Plus 8200 (external,USB connection. My destination drive is called HP Drive and I cannot change it ...

  1. Failure of Program when used with HP-CD Writer Plus (with USB connection).

    I have an evaluation copy of the veritas.backupexec desktop software. The
    software fails to backup my hard drive when used with an HP-CD Writer Plus
    8200 (external,USB connection.
    My destination drive is called HP Drive and I cannot change it to my
    D:/ drive (the CD Writer location for my computer).
    When I format a new CD-RW disk using Tools-Media-Format the disc does not
    format properly.
    When I try to backup my hard disk (with about 2.4GB of data), nothing is
    recorded on my backup discs even though the program seems to be working.
    HP doesn't have a clue !! I need help.

  2. Re: Failure of Program when used with HP-CD Writer Plus (with USBconnection).

    Have you checked the Veritas Web site to see if your drive is supported by the
    software?

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/nav_...EDSKTOPEDT.htm

    I think it's pretty hard to use a USB device for disaster recovery because USB
    isn't supported by MSDOS. I think you'll find that most of the supported
    devices are IDE or SCSI.

    Jack Reale wrote:

    > I have an evaluation copy of the veritas.backupexec desktop software. The
    > software fails to backup my hard drive when used with an HP-CD Writer Plus
    > 8200 (external,USB connection.
    > My destination drive is called HP Drive and I cannot change it to my
    > D:/ drive (the CD Writer location for my computer).
    > When I format a new CD-RW disk using Tools-Media-Format the disc does not
    > format properly.
    > When I try to backup my hard disk (with about 2.4GB of data), nothing is
    > recorded on my backup discs even though the program seems to be working.
    > HP doesn't have a clue !! I need help.

+ Reply to Thread