smartheap library error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on smartheap library error - Veritas Backup Exec ; After starting Backup Exec three error messages appear "Mem_Bad_Pointer" and Help doesn't help. Backups do not start....

  1. smartheap library error

    After starting Backup Exec three error messages appear "Mem_Bad_Pointer" and
    Help doesn't help. Backups do not start.

  2. Re: smartheap library error

    DLL patch for Smart Heap and Mem Pointer issues.

    This download contains a patch file that you must apply to your system after
    the installation of Backup Exec Desktop Edition 4.2. It fixes a problem that
    is sometimes encountered on Windows 95 systems and the Backup Exec Product.
    The fix is an "shw32.dll" file to address the "Mem_Bad_Pointer" and "Smart
    Heap Library" error messages encountered when launching Backup Exec or
    during specific software functions.

    Go to this URL for more info and for the download:
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/ftp/.../shfix.exe.htm

    --
    John
    http://www.monmouth.com/~jcastravet

    * Due to the current financial restraints,
    * the light at the end of the tunnel will be
    * turned off until further notice.

    "J Baker" wrote in message news:388f6673@hronntp01....

    > After starting Backup Exec three error messages appear "Mem_Bad_Pointer"

    and
    > Help doesn't help. Backups do not start.

+ Reply to Thread