multiple CD-R backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on multiple CD-R backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Has anyone had any luck getting a multiple CD back-up to work with version 4.2 of backup exec? If so, please let me know how to do this. I have an HP 8100 CD-RW drive running win 98. THanks....

  1. multiple CD-R backup

    Has anyone had any luck getting a multiple CD back-up to work with version
    4.2 of backup exec? If so, please let me know how to do this. I have an HP
    8100 CD-RW drive running win 98. THanks.

  2. Re: multiple CD-R backup

    "Andre" wrote:
    >Andre,

    I'm having a similar problem. My backup won't span two disks. I read another
    recently posted message which said the problem may be in the formatting of
    the disk. I reformatted but discovered that the backup exec software still
    won't recognize the media. I ignored this, and pointed the software to save
    the file to the CD drive anyway by giving the path: "e:\filename". It worked
    until it ran out of space on the first disk, then quit. Please check your
    backup exec software: in the "tools" menu select "media" when your data-formatted
    CD-RW disk is inserted in the drive. Is there an entry there in the drop
    down menu or does it say "no media"? If there is media indicated does it
    refer to the disc or the drive?

    Thanks--this will help me troubleshoot my problem. Perhaps the drive isn't
    supported, but I've tried this on two different drives: Iomega ZipCD and
    HP 8250i.

    >Has anyone had any luck getting a multiple CD back-up to work with version
    >4.2 of backup exec? If so, please let me know how to do this. I have an

    HP
    >8100 CD-RW drive running win 98. THanks.

  3. Re: multiple CD-R backup

    On 14 Dec 1999 22:10:12 -0500, "Andre"
    wrote:

    >Has anyone had any luck getting a multiple CD back-up to work with version
    >4.2 of backup exec? If so, please let me know how to do this. I have an HP
    >8100 CD-RW drive running win 98. THanks.

    Do you have DirectCD installed?

  4. Re: multiple CD-R backup

    Don Sterner wrote:

    > On 14 Dec 1999 22:10:12 -0500, "Andre"
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Has anyone had any luck getting a multiple CD back-up to work with version
    > >4.2 of backup exec? If so, please let me know how to do this. I have an HP
    > >8100 CD-RW drive running win 98. THanks.

    > Do you have DirectCD installed?

    I didn't post the original message but I do have Dirct CD and I have
    been making sucessful multi-volume CDR backups since with BE 98 and
    more recently BE Desktop Edition (downloaded upgrade last week). The
    version that comes with W98 as standard does not do mulit-volume backups
    to CDR.

    Thie has worked with Traxdata 4260, Yamaha 6416 and 8424 drives for me.

    Don't format the CDR's, just put fresh ones in when BE asks for them.

    Now, if only BE would read 24* from my new Yamaha 8424 drive.

+ Reply to Thread