I have been met with utter failure in using Desktop 4.2 (and all the
previous retail versions) on four different PIII pcs running Windows
98. I have updated tae drive firmware, uninstalled the windows 98
backup program, uninstalled and reinstalled the Backup Exec program,
halted all other applications running on the systems but do not get
reliable backups. Usually the scheduled jobs don't start. If they do
start they typically complete the backup but take hours to complete the
compare. Tech support is out of suggestions. So please let me know
alternative products that run under Windows 98. I successfully use
Seagate Backup Exec 7.2 Single Server edition on multiple servers. The
desktop product simply is flaky. Thank you.